Janice L. Tedder, BSN, IBCLC, FNP
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC 27715 (919) 923-6609
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.hugyourbaby.org
Education & Certification:
- 11/2010 International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Certification (IBCLC)
- 2/2000 CLNBAS (Clinical Neonatal Behavior Assessment Scale) certification, Brazelton Institute, Cary, NC
- 1/1999 Touchpoints Community Level Training, Brazelton Touchpoints Center, Boston, MA
- 5/1998 NC Lactation Educator, NC Division of Maternal & Child Health, Raleigh, NC
- 6/1989 NBAS (Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale) certification, Wake Medical Center, Raleigh, NC
- 9/1975 Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, ANCC
- 9/1975 Family Nurse Practitioner, UNC-CH School of Nursing FNP Certification Program
- 5/1973 BSN, UNC-Charlotte School of Nursing
- 2009-current Clinical Instructor, Family Nurse Practitioner and Lactation Consultant, UNC Department of Family Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
- 2003- current President/CEO of HUG Your Baby
- 1990- 2009 Senior FNP, SAS Institute Health Care Center, Cary, NC
- 1990-93 Senior FNP, Integrative Health Care, Durham, NC (Part-time)
- 1986-90 FNP, Lakewood Family Practice, Durham, NC
- Fall,1981 Visiting FNP, Semester at Sea, Un. of VA, Charlottesville, VA
- 1975-86 FNP, Wake Health Services, Raleigh, NC
- Parents As Teachers and HUG Your Baby: A Collaboration helping professionals teach parents about newborn behavior (2012). Manuscript pending publication.
- Teaching for Birth and Beyond: Online Program Incorporated into a Birthing and Parenting Certification. (July, 2012). International Journal of Childbirth Education. 27(3):65-68.
- HUG Your Baby: Helping Expectant and New Parents Read Their baby’s Body Language. (July, 2011). CAPPA Quarterly 2(3):21-24.
- Teaching Newborn Behavior to Extend Breastfeeding Duration. (July, 2011). HUG Your Baby and Haverkamp Productions.
- The HUG Practical Child Development: Education and Support for Parents with Children Birth to One Year Old. Continuing Education DVD, HUG Your Baby and Haverkamp Productions, 2010.
- The HUG Strategies and Skill Building: Making a Diference with Young Families. Continuing Education DVD, HUG Your Baby and Haverkamp Productions, 2010.
- Deciphering Nonverbal BabyTalk. (2009).Carolina Parent Baby Guide. 27-29.
- What Zone is my Baby in? (2008). Our 365. http://www.our365.com/Wisdom/Babies/Growth/Newborn%20Zones.aspx
- Reading your Newborn’s S.O.S. (2008). Our 365. http://www.our365.com/Wisdom/Babies/Growth/Reading%20Your%20Newborn's%20S,-d-,O,-d-,S.aspx
- Calm your Baby. (2008). Our 365. http://www.our365.com/Wisdom/Babies/Growth/Calm%20Your%20Baby.aspx
- HUG Your Baby –Online Provider Education (2008). http://learn.digitalchalk.com/dc/o/hyb Newborn
- Give Them The HUG: An Innovative Approach to Helping Parents Understand the Language of their Newborn. (2008). Journal of Perinatal Education 17:2, 14-20.
- Give the HUG – Parent & Provider Educational Blog (2007). http://givethehug.blogspot.com/
- The HUG: Understanding the Secret Language of the Newborn - Parent Educational DVD. (2007). Nightlight Productions. Chapel Hill, NC.
- The HUG: An Innovative Approach to Pediatric Nursing Care. (2007). MCN, 43(4) 210-214
- The HUG: Help, Understanding, and Guidance for Young Families -Parent Educational Website. (2006). www.hugyourbaby.com
- Using the Brazelton Neonatal Assessment Scale to Facilitate the Parent-Infant Relationship in a Primary Care Setting. (1991). Nurse Practitioner. Vol.16#3: 26-36.
- Newborn Circumcision: Retracting Old Myths and Managing New Problems - Video and Workbook (1989). Foresight Productions, Durham, NC.
- Newborn Circumcision: Parent Information -Video (1988). Foresight Productions, Durham, NC.
- Newborn Circumcision. (1987). JOGNN, Jan/Feb: 42-47.
- Thai Breastfeeding Foundation, 2013
- 4th International Conference on Pediatric Nursing, 2013
- Breastfeeding Conferences of Australia: Three-city tour, 2013
- ILCA 2013
- US AID, 2012
- Lamaze 2008, 2012
- Parent As Teachers National Conference, 2012
- Illinois WIC Breastfeeding Conference, 2011
- Zero to Three National Institute, 2011
- MANA Regional Conference (Cary, NC), 2011
- NC/SC Perinatal Conference, 2011, 2007
- CIMS, 2011
- Smart Start, 2011
- National Perinatal Association, 2010
- New York State Perinatal Association, 2010
- “Mother’s Gift” – Breastfeeding, AHEC Charlotte 2010
- ICEA 2011, 2009, 2008
- CAPPA, 2010, 2008
- NC La Leche League Annual Conference, 2009
- DONA, 2009, 2008
- National NAPNAP (National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners), 2008, 2007, & 2002
- Art of Breastfeeding, 2007
- North Carolina Child Service Coordinator Conference, 2006
- Touchpoints (T. Berry Brazelton) National Conference, 2006 & 2002
- North Carolina Baby Plus/Healthy Start, 2005
- Perinatal Partnership Conference, 2005
- UNC Maternal Child Health Conference, 2004
- Eastern AHEC Perinatal Outreach Conference, 2004
- North Carolina WIC Program Conference, 2004
- Royal College of Nursing, Manchester England, 2002
- North Carolina Annual Nurse Practitioner Symposium, 2002, 1984
- American Nurse Midwife National Conference, 2002, 1985
- National Nurse Practitioner Symposium, 2000 & 1999
- North Carolina Consortium of Partnership, 2000
- Duke University Child Development Unit Conference with Dr. T Berry Brazelton, 1993
- 2012 WCHL "Hometown Hero" Award
- 2010 Community Partnership with Whattoexpect.com - 2010
- 2009 “Top HealthBlogger – Parenting Community” Wellsphere Newsletter
- Spring 2009 Web Health Award for Professional Website Training
- Spring 2007 World Wide Web Health Award – Hug Your Baby website gold medal winner
- Spring 2007 National Health Information Award – The HUG DVD bronze medal winner
- 2005 Award Winning Abstract, Perinatal Partnership Conference
- 1993 Honorary Member of Duke University Child Development Unit
- 1986 Sigma Theta Tau Award for Innovative Nursing Practice
- 1986 North Carolina March of Dimes Maternal Child Health Nurse of the Year
- 1984 Sigma Theta Tau Community Nursing Award